Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

heres some pics of my motor going in. i built the hoist last fall. pretty cool, eh?

1964 Comet 289 C4 daily driver
TFS TW, Weiand Stealth, Comp XE268, Rhodes lifters, TFS roller rockers, Carter 625 AFB, Hooker SuperComps
"These go to 11." -This is Spinal Tap

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dragman64 on 2/24/02 4:57pm ]</font>

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Looking good, man!
Your garage looks as 'busy' as mine!!!!

You haven't put together/built your C4 for it yet?
What gear ratio are you going with?
I"m assuming you're going to street/strip the Comet, eh?
Definitley looks mean!

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Walt, looks like a nice combo!! I know how anxious you've gotta be!! I think every house oughta come with TWO garages: his and hers...

·
Registered
749 Posts
I love that garage...looks jsut right.
Mine is gettin to clean...maybe its time to take the motor out for some fun

dragman64:

looks good....cant wait to here how it runs
good luck

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not getting the C4 done as fast as I want. Should be done soon though.
At one time were some of the only people on our block who could fit two cars in our garage.
I hope I can magicly find some 3.40 gears for the 8" at the junkyard. Ive been looking for a while, but no luck so far. So I have kinda thought about building a cheep 9" because it would be a lot easier to find gears in the 3.5 range. Trying to figure out how to save money in the long run. I do have a extra 8" 3rd member in the garage, so maybe i'll practice putting gears in...

Yea drag79, it has to haul my butt around everyday, and still kick ass on the strip

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is a 3000 stall that is going to go in with the new tranny, so that sould make it more fun.

Now I actually get excited to start my car up in the mornings

·
Registered
100 Posts
wow, you got tons of space in that garage (compared to mine) you need more stuff!!

for 3.55 gears try a V6 or 4 cyl MustangII

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
On 2002-02-24 14:55, dragman64 wrote:
Not getting the C4 done as fast as I want. Should be done soon though.
At one time were some of the only people on our block who could fit two cars in our garage.
I hope I can magicly find some 3.40 gears for the 8" at the junkyard. Ive been looking for a while, but no luck so far. So I have kinda thought about building a cheep 9" because it would be a lot easier to find gears in the 3.5 range. Trying to figure out how to save money in the long run. I do have a extra 8" 3rd member in the garage, so maybe i'll practice putting gears in...

Yea drag79, it has to haul my butt around everyday, and still kick ass on the strip
Walt, e-mail me. I can lay my hands on a set of 350 8" gears for cheap...

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Looks sweet dude! Crikey, I didn't realize how tall that Weiand intake was on your motor!!! Can you still shut the hood? I bet those TW heads and headers really love that intake!

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
The engine looks great. I think I am going to study the pics for tips on space utilization. I built a 12' x 16' shed last fall to get all the stuff out of my garage. I feel like I took the lazy way out.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pale Rider, the intake fits. I'm not using a carb spacer, and the aircleaner is not a dropped one. There is'nt much room between the aircleaner and the hood though.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Me thinks it's time to add a nostalgic teardrop hoodscoop to that ride!

Then you can add that carb spacer, AND put a nice HUGE air cleaner underneath there!!!

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I want this one:

The paint on the car is too crappy to match, so the whole thing needs to be painted. I have one dent to fix, and I want to enlarge the front of the rear wheelwells. So, it'll be a while before I have the $$$ to do all of that. I have a friend that does bodywork, so I need to get an estimate from him. I'm going to to as much of the prep work as possible.
It would look very cool with that hood though.

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
I'm pretty sure the v-6 mustangIIs 75-78 came with around 3.40 gears.The only problem is when you find one of these cars they're usually 4 or 8 cyls

1 - 16 of 16 Posts