·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
I can't tell from the pics....

which way did you do it? A cut/botched Dominator spacer or did you actually do some welding?

Looks nice either way!

I had to do my Jr a while back (on a 302 nonetheless). I just used a Dominator spacer, thinnest one I could find, and welded it up. Had to cut the old flange off of the intake and weld the Dom. plate to the top. It was not pretty...but it worked well. Don't ask why we did it on a 302. Just a wild idea I guess you could say. Carb was nearly as big as the whole top of the engine (9375 Holley)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The manifold was machined down to the runners and I machined a Dart dominator spacer to exactly match the widened base. 5/8" off the base and 3/4" off the top . Took a good two pounds of metal off . Then I TIG welded on the top to the base, machined the inside and dressed the external welds and sandblasted it. I'll powder coat it next week. Thats a 9375 carb as well.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh Yeah. Just got it all finished up today. did a little more grinding inside to contour the top of the runners better and went over it with surface conditioning disks to smooth out tooling marks and get it ready for powder. Looks as good as it gets for a home job. Probably coat it on wednesday. I have some different powder coming in early this week. Not chromy stuff but a darker silver metallic sort of like stainless steel in color. I'd polish it all the way but polished aluminum is just too hard to keep looking good

438" Dart Windsor, AFR 225 heads, 271/[email protected]" on 106 solid roller, 13:1 compression, Super Victor, crank trigger, 1050 Dominator, external oiling, reverse manual C4, 4000 stall, 4.10 Dana 60, Nitrous. Street '68 Cougar. 9.967 at 134 MPH! 1.44 60 ft

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mikeandnatasha on 9/3/06 2:27pm ]</font>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts