Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been running for 9 years on the same chains. I grade all the neighbors driveways in fact I'm getting her ready to grade one now.

Built it back in 93 when I had nothing to do and a yard full of junk. I have 20.00 into it for the pins on the blade other than that it's all junk.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 393Clevor on 4/17/02 9:51am ]</font>

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
That is very cool!!!!

I love the gas pedal

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, It has a top speed of about 5 MPH that's in Drive and 4th gear at 4500 rpm's. Now when I put the Automatic in low and the 4 speed in first it crawls. I can hook it to a car to move it on just an idle, I can walk from one to the other steering both of them. I don't need two people around to move a dead car in the yard. Plus when I am striping a junk car I hook to the seat belt strap up over the roof and hook to a chain put it in low and first and it will pull the car or truck over on it's door with no problem you don't even have to give it any gas just lit it idle and it will pull it right over on her side. Makes it easy to take out gas tanks and anything else from the bottom side.

A far as the 1/4 mile I would say high 10 minutes low 11 minutes with some tail wind and a 6 pack.

That's what I need to build a beer holder, maybe use some exhaust pipe.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 393Clevor on 4/19/02 9:26am ]</font>

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Make a insulated beer holder

whats the crawl ratio?

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I never sat down and calculated it out. Volvo automatic with a chain drive to the 4 speed (not sure on the number of teeth on the sprockets) then the 4 speed then another chain to the 1 ton Ch*** rear. ( like I said I used junk no ford parts at all)

Well, it's like this you can walk faster when it's in low and in first gear floating the valves.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I've got a cousin that is a farmer. I guess in winter he gets bored so he works in his shop. A few years ago he took and old bulldozer that originally had some little 2 cylinder diesel in it and stuck a 302 in it. Apparently it was pretty quick

lol
I wish I had pictures of it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts