Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Nice. All that and power windows. That car is just oozing potential.

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Nice find! Where did you come across it? Sweet car :)

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Nice model.

Since I'm no mechanic, I could never purchase that car (unless I had a bank account someplace hidden from my wife).

But if I were, and I had an empty garage, who knows? Looks like fun.

·
Premium Member
34,855 Posts
The price is between the seller and me. All I can say is I think i got a hell of a deal. What's a car like this worth? It's not rust free but well above average. Keep in mind I won't sell it. It mine now!!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

OK this is another pet peeve of mine. Why the hell are all you wimps so damn secretive about the purchase price of a friggin car?

Everyone in the effing WORLD is willing to list their cars without pictures and ask retarded amounts for them, and everyone knows what new cars go for, it's the silent types that keep sumbicches like me guessing about prices you pay and it drives UP prices of cars we want to buy becasue there is no comparing to anything due to all the silence......

IT HELPS US TO SET TRENDS AND SAVE MONEY.....

Sure you may have paid too much, or too little but why so damn quiet on the subject? It's ridiculous to me.

I just don't get it...... :(

·
Registered
160 Posts
ok this is another pet peeve of mine. Why the hell are all you wimps so damn secretive about the purchase price of a friggin car?

Everyone in the effing world is willing to list their cars without pictures and ask retarded amounts for them, and everyone knows what new cars go for, it's the silent types that keep sumbicches like me guessing about prices you pay and it drives up prices of cars we want to buy becasue there is no comparing to anything due to all the silence......

It helps us to set trends and save money.....

Sure you may have paid too much, or too little but why so damn quiet on the subject? It's ridiculous to me.

I just don't get it...... :(
+1

Mom and Dad paid $1865 for my Galaxie in Jul 1987. I promptly went and blew the motor. Another 2K for my 390 to be rebuilt (I also helped a little bit!) and I was on the road again. Thanks Mom and Dad--sorry for me being kind of an idiot back then.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Cool Starliner...is the motor a HP solid lifter 390? I ask because it has the tri power but looks like regular old exhaust manifolds instead of the cast iron headers.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
We raced a 401 Tri-Power 61 Starliner at the 62 and 63 Winternational in Pomona. Got beat by two black guys from Watts with a like car both years. It was all fun!!

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
15 years ago I payed $4500 cash to be the 3rd owner of a sky blue (turquoise) '64 Galaxie 289 bench seat car..Drunk Driver hit it..Insurance payed me $4500.. I kept the car. Cashed the check and laid 40 $100 bills down on a ladies table...Bought my '67 XL for $4000 cash. she drove to to the DMV and surrendered her plates and all to me. The rest is history.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts