Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this 1972 Mercury Montego MX. I used to drive one of these in High School. I am excited to have one again to work on and drive. This forum has already been a great help!

It has a 351C-2v with a C4 Auto and 2.75 in rear end. I have a lot of plans for performance but right now I am working on getting it to be safe to drive.

I have already change belts and hoses and last weekend the tires. What a difference in looks and drivability!! I got 15x8 Magnum 500's with a 4.5' backspace all the way around and 275/60R15 in the rear and 255/60R15. I am pleased with the results no rubbing front or rear.

The suspension is my next priority, I want to take the boatyness out of it. And the rear saggs a little from worn out springs which I think came from towing something from the looks of the hitch that was welded to the frame. A buddy and I took that off today.

Anyway I finally got the pics for a formal introduction. And wanted to say this is a great forum!! Thanks in advance for all the help guys!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Left a hitch on just for the fools who thought it = slow! I was just missing a "roof rack" for the full effect! Nice car,v2mikma!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts