Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This is the engine I have been piecing together over the last few months with lots of help from Tim (1QWIK64) Everything went well today. All of the clearances checked out. Anyone know what I should torque the windage tray nuts to? I just set it on there for the picture. Should only be another month or so before I get the heads and get it ready to put in the car.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mikemustang289 on 3/21/06 10:54am ]</font>

·
Registered
730 Posts
Mike, that windage tray looks awsome. What kind is it? It sure makes my Ford Motorsport windage tray look like a booger.

Rick

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That windage tray is made by Moroso. It is made of some thick steel and the mounted brackets are all welded so it is a pretty stout piece.

For heads my plan was to go with edelbrock Performer RPM's. I haven't had any luck finding a decent used set so I am just going to buy a new set of heads. The only problem is the difference in cost between a new set of edelbrocks and AFR's. I'm having a hard time deciding but I may go with 185's mostly because I think I would be more happy to open my hood and see the AFR logo staring back at me. Plus, in a few years I may build a stroker so I'd like to have the 185's cause they would work great on a 331/347, I really don't know if they would work as well on the 306 though.

And I already have the cam XE 274 HR. Other than that I will just swap over the bigs 650dp and performer rpm from my 289, I think im gonna get some fabbed valve cover as well to match the Stef's pan

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mikemustang289 on 3/21/06 12:05pm ]</font>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts