Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot say enough about this new twist on "Pinks". What a blast to watch. Good people, no whining,no negotiations that almost turn to blows. The people racing were for the most part families and couples that race for fun, competition, and profit. There werent any cocky crybaby speed shops that just grabbed a car out of thier back yard, threw a bunch of money at it, and sank or swam. I will be e mailing Nate Pritchard of Pinks about how impressive this show was. He is a stand up guy that has always answered my emails and thanked me for the feedback.

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Your killing me Ken, I missed it!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
It was pretty good, a bit fake, but still cool enough. Too bad there weren't more Mustangs.

Did you guys see the two episodes of Pinks later that night with the black and silver Mustangs, and then the blacl hatch vs the black coupe?

Every one of those tards gave the Mustang hobby a black eye...even the 'good guys' that won the second race with that wicked hatch, 'giving' that bimbette who drove the notch the parts so they could run nitrous. And that chick may as well have walked up and handed her keys away at the beginning of the show. Why is it everyone who goes on that show seems to be a complete moron, winners AND losers?

Wish I had the money to toss a car together and try it. Doubt they'd let me though...not enough retard attitude and bullshit, I'd get no audience!

Cris

·
Registered
75 Posts
Pinks all out kicked some ass! That girl in the unibody was a great driver. I used to own a '66 F-100, ...sold it to my brother
. BBC or not, that was a cool truck.

Matt

·
Registered
596 Posts
Love that format, lots of very close races....Just wish there was more blue oval's in the sea of Craparo's and Chevelle's...

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
Yeah I'm pretty sure that was a big block chevy in that white ford truck that won......I thought the show was ok but it lacks the drama of the original show....There was no real downside to losing except you didn't win the $10,000...even if you bet money it wasn't like it was coming out of your own pocket because they had just been given it anyway..The betting sounded like people playing with monopoly money to me....The whole point of the original show was to fool your opponant into thinking he could beat you while you had a faster car or to negotiate a race in your favour if you had a slower car.LIke the old days of street racing when you had a 427 galaxie but put 390 fender badges on it......Unfortuntely the original show being a 3 out 5 format has too much whining and $hitbox cars that can't make 3 good passes...I think it was better in the first seasons 2 out of 3 format where you couldn't afford to give away a race....The all out version was a nice break but I think it would get boring as a full time version

J-code 306 [email protected] build underway

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: frdnut on 11/27/06 1:56am ]</font>

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
I thought it was a decent show, much better than the other pinks, no whining as others have said. No sand bagging, decent cars decent people, the way it should be. On a scale of 1 to 10 over the other version, I would give it a 20. On the lose your ride version, you can tell who's going to win by the last commercial break.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I think the All Out has more to offer because it's featuring real race cars, not the throw together street cars. Although it doesn't look like it, I have a lot of $$ in my '68 and would never put up my title in a grudge race. Money - yes.

The event coming up on Dec 9th in AZ looks good. They are looking for 9.00 to 9.90 cars only and it does not cost anything extra to race in their event. $10 grand, plus $1000 in round money? Why not. It's real bracket racing. As long as you know your car and can dial it, there should be good racing.

My opinion anyway.

Murff

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I might go to the one here in Phx...debating =).

Cris

·
Registered
1 Posts
I cannot say enough about this new twist on "Pinks". What a blast to watch. Good people, no whining,no negotiations that almost turn to blows. The people racing were for the most part families and couples that race for fun, competition, and profit. There werent any cocky crybaby speed shops that just grabbed a car out of thier back yard, threw a bunch of money at it, and sank or swam. I will be e mailing Nate Pritchard of Pinks about how impressive this show was. He is a stand up guy that has always answered my emails and thanked me for the feedback.
Any idea what happened to Nate and his bro this new season ?

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Aren't they still upstairs in the booth? I've noticed some new guys on the track level, but I thought I still saw Nate and his brother working up in the command centre. Maybe it was a repeat? IDK

·
Subscriber
888 Posts
Aren't they still upstairs in the booth? I've noticed some new guys on the track level, but I thought I still saw Nate and his brother working up in the command centre. Maybe it was a repeat? IDK
Nope, on the new episodes I haven't seen Nate or his brother up in the booth either. I've been wondering where they went. I did see Nate's old red and black Buick that he lost on Pinks on an episode of Pass Time yesterday.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Nope, on the new episodes I haven't seen Nate or his brother up in the booth either. I've been wondering where they went. I did see Nate's old red and black Buick that he lost on Pinks on an episode of Pass Time yesterday.
I saw an episode last night and they have their old friend Brian Bassone, or something like that, up in the timing booth. I remember him from a few times running a car on Pinks, always Fox bodies I believe.

The four lane episode should be interesting to see. Four wide is how the snowmobile drags I've seen go, but it seems pretty rare in the automotive realm.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts