Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i got a ? for you guys all these other forums sites got a bunch of people on htem but only 1 or 2 people answer my ?s heres my ? what is a good piston ring for the money and whats the best kind cast, chrome, or chromoley any advice is welcomed thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i need new piston rigns in my 83 mustang. i have a 71 truck block bored 30 over it does have some good stuff in it. dart II heads comp cam comp roller rockers edelbrock 650 cfm cabr edelbrock performer intake manifold 4340 crank im not sure though on the pistons im pretty sure they are flat dommed im not 100% though i just rolled over 20,000 miles. and i thought the rings would have set but they havent so i have to replace them now. i do not know what kind are in there now for i did not build the motor i bought the car like this. i was just wondering what kinda piston rings i need

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh and the usuage its a daily driver get me from school and back and the cost restirictions not to much im only 16 working on the weekends and every chance i can get to put into my car thanks

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
A good quality set of std moly rings will do the job without breaking the bank, Federal Mogul, Speed-Pro or Total Seal. Plasma moly are expensive and your motor may not need them. Get the block honed to suit whatever you go with. New rings need a fresh hone to work the best.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts