Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
freind gave me a car that a customer left at his shop fore a year 85 capri he said the motor wouldnt turn all the way over when i pulled the drivers side head i saw #7 piston sideways in the bore its 40 over can it be fixed or do i just strip fore parts .
also had a weind 2p 180 intake this any good looks bigger than a performer i havent pulled the pan or motor just thought it was strange to see the piston sideways the motor still rotates allmost all the way around either way i was hoping fore bent valve and i could just add heads but not that easy now.
what do you guys think one rod and piston fromm the top the piston doesnt look bad just wanted to get it going to beet on it a little

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
If it's twisted 90 degrees, I personally can't see how it'd still be attatched to the rod...but then again, without seeing pics of it torn down, there's no telling. Only time I've seen it was on a 302 that I was given...and later on I found a nice hole in the cylinder wall where the rod's beam exited into a water jacket.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts