Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting to question padded dash, what a pain to get old foam stuck on dash off,
Not ready to buy windshield yet but sure would be nice if i was i would take it out to have some room. Questioning myself do i want to put the new padded dash on or just paint. But what to do with the holes for the clips?
Thought about cap but a buffy of mine went that way and didn't care for the feel but too late for that now anyway

·
Premium Member
5,405 Posts
My 63 1/2 has the padded dash removed, and the slots for the clips just above the trim strip on the dash are still there. They are hardly noticeable to someone who wouldn't know any difference.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I REALLY like having a padded dash in mine .....and even if it went clips up someday, I'd replace it.

Remember, without that pad, the fuel and temp 'pods' kinda stick out farther --go look at dash pics on google to see what I mean. I just prefer the more 'hooded' look that the pad provides. Plus, I don't know about you and your sunshine factor, but my hood is sooo shiny I can barely see the road, now add a super shiny dash to it and I'll be needing those macular degeneration sunglasses a couple decades early. ;-)

Strictly a personal taste thang here ...so stand down you pad haters, lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts