Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so what do you guys prefer i have been reading some stuff on other boards that they were having problems with high rpm misfires i need to get some plugs for my new 347 and world recomends accel 276 which i can cross refrence to a autolite 25 so whats your guys opinion on the platinum vs the copper conductor

ps. i would use the accel plugs but nobody really sells them local so i would rather buy autolites or bosch

thanks jeff

·
Banned
2,833 Posts
I have tried ACCEL plugs in my Fords over the years and they didn't seem to like them. I've used other ACCEL equipment and still do. Ford/Merc seem to prefer Autolite/Motorcraft plugs. Champion, AC Delco just plain suck.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Autolites have always worked great. NGK copper cores if you want to spend a little more money, they're a great plug.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so whats the deal with platinum then i have bought them although i dont know why i just thought they were better

jeff

·
Registered
22 Posts
The whole thing with platinum is that they last a really long time. Platinum is actually a very poor conductor of electricity, copper is substantially better.

That's why copper cores seem to perform better.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
All these years I've been using autolite's in my fords. I tried a set of bosch once and spent the extra money on them and they sucked. I had an old man tell me once "take a blowtorch and light gas, then take a cig. lighter and light gas and see which one lights better. Obviously they both lit the same, so I don't see much difference.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Where can I find that cross reference chart?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts