Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I have mentioned in previous posts; I have installed patriot tri y headers on my 65 mustang with a 289 and power steering. The headers are from CJ Pony Parts. With the lowering bracket and spacing, the power steering cylinder still rubs the headers and considerably limits my steering. I was told 66 motor mounts would raise the motor enough to give me more clearance. I purchased the frame mounts and motor mounts from Delta Bay mustang (they said it would give me more clearnace as well). I had a local shop check it out and they concluded the new mounts will not raise the motor, but lower it. They called Delta Bay Mustang to try and understand how it would raise it and they guy didn't have any answers. This left me with a labor charge, 66 motor mounts and frame mounts, and an unfixed problem. The only thing left I can think of is that the headers are crap. What do you guys think? Please help me out, I'm dying to drive the stang again. Thanks for your help I really appreciate it. I included some pictures of the lower bracket and what I'm dealiing with.

·
Registered
142 Posts
No offence to CJs but I ordered a set of the same headers and ended up sending them back. They had poor quality welds and only a 2” dump.

I went with a set of Hedmans. I’m sure they’re not the best but better in my opinion. Also I am using the same motor mounts as you are but with out the power steering. I’ll try and get a snapshot over the weekend so you can try and compare the difference.

Here is a link that might help. http://www.stanginfo.com/Headers/headeroptions_view.php

1 - 2 of 2 Posts