Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, ive fitted a pair of energy suspension poly bushes on my 68`s lower control arms.. i had to press them in, only way it was doable was by pressing in the bush first, then the bronze tube after.. when the bush is all the way in, it is squeezed through the bushing sleeve so it is now too wide to fit the LCA mounting. there are a narrower diameter bush also in the set, but they slide in really loosely so i figured the wider ones were the ones i should use..

but now im starting to wonder if the narroer one i can jusrt slide in, would have spread out when the bronze tube was installed to snug it up on the LCA bush sleeve?

heres a pic, the bush protrudes quite a lot

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t1.0-9/10411379_10154256663410603_6591449005499803283_n.jpg

cheers,

Mark

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Hi there, ive fitted a pair of energy suspension poly bushes on my 68`s lower control arms.. i had to press them in, only way it was doable was by pressing in the bush first, then the bronze tube after.. when the bush is all the way in, it is squeezed through the bushing sleeve so it is now too wide to fit the LCA mounting. there are a narrower diameter bush also in the set, but they slide in really loosely so i figured the wider ones were the ones i should use..

but now im starting to wonder if the narroer one i can jusrt slide in, would have spread out when the bronze tube was installed to snug it up on the LCA bush sleeve?

heres a pic, the bush protrudes quite a lot

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t1.0-9/10411379_10154256663410603_6591449005499803283_n.jpg

cheers,

Mark
you need the red bushings that fit snug but not tight in the frame bracket. . the bronze bushing must be flush with the end of the bushings. . stick just the bronze bushing in the frame . . if it is loose it is too short. . if it is just a tiny hair tight it is ok yor bracket might just be crushed a hair. . . if it is obviously too long your bushings suck by a different brand. thebronve bushing should not be hard to install in the red bushing . . it will not expand the red bushing much . .put 1 of the loose fitting red bushings in then the bronze bushing . . if the red bushing comes out easily it is too loose. . . if your lower armms are new they might be the wrong size instead

1 - 3 of 3 Posts