Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed that the rubber shackle bushes that I put in new about 5 or 6 years ago are a bit stuffed up.

Anyone know who sells poly bushes?

I had a look on P S T , Energy suspension and Quickor but I didn,t spot anything.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
I put new rubber ones in mine when I had them out. I am curious about some poly ones for the shackles and the front pivot as well.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Thank you! I am saving that for future references. One day I want to add a rear sway bar and this just got added to that project.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I had no luck finding some for my 67 fairlane. I measured the old ones and went to a local off road shop that makes their own. The ones for a ford ranger where the exact size that I needed. That shop punches the I'd of the bushings out to 3/4" so a steel sleeve can be used inside. Cost me about $40 total in materials.

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just got done fitting the poly shackle bushes from Polybushings. Fairly easy install.
I didn,t use the front bushes because I have the Caltracs aluminum ones in there.
I have to say, it does feel a little stiffer and smoother on the corners. Not bad for $70 to my door.

The Poly bushings owner? Jonny Spiva was great to deal with too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts