Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
well it sounds like you are making the right decision to me. Impulse buying or selling for that matter will put you on the streets in real-estate. The absolute best of luck to you both, you really can't go wrong by staying put, the next time the house values hit the moon you will be able to sell and make a fortune! ...and by the way, there is no such thing as restoring too many cars!

Nick

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Property values here are insane - I bought my house when I moved here in 1999, and wound up paying 5% over asking in a bidding war. Everyone said that was stupid, because the bubble would burst. Then along came 9/11 (just 35 miles away)and everyone said for SURE property values would go down because of all the lost jobs and commuters leaving North Jersey.

But, last week the house down the street from me (much smaller, older, and on a smaller lot) sold for about 60% more than I paid for mine. I honestly don't know how people are doing it here. Truth is, if I moved here today, I couldn't afford a house. Entry level "finds" are over $350k, and a $1MM house is just your basic colonial on a decent street in many of the 'high end' areas. Plus, property taxes are in the neighborhood of 2,3 and even 4% depending on what township you're in, so you can pretty well tack another $1K to your mortage payment just for the privelege of calling your self a Jerseyan!

(BTW, near as I can tell, most of those taxes go to paying for traffic cops who pull you over for absolutely anything, collecting what in my opinion are just more taxes!)

·
Premium Member
837 Posts
Houses here in the south bay area start around 250-300k for a 2 bed with minimal space. My parent's place about 3 miles away is about 600k. A house on their street that was burned out sold for about 400k. Its way to expensive around here!

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
On 2004-06-04 23:32, MonsterMach wrote:
Jan ...

You need to get out of there ...

We have an empty guest room .. we could put you up for a bit ...

Queenie and I have been doing that for friends for a while now.

Think about it ... assuming you don't have too much baggage

Gotta-Love-Helping folks out of lifes miseries
Hey Larry,

Failing getting you and Queenie to adopt me...want a daughter older than you are?
, I'd better plan on remaining here in Ohio. BUT, if I make a trip westward eventually, I'd definitely enjoy visiting y'all. Methinks we could have a VERY interesting political discussion and I debate much better in person than with my typing finger...

Jan

21 - 25 of 25 Posts