Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought these headers in January and have been on the car since, so they were used for less than a year. Looking to go a different direction. These are no longer made.

$500 shipped

Ill get pics up soon

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would say they are more of a mid length header. They are about as long as the original long tube factory header available in those days.

These were on a 390 with a cruise o and p/s, so no fitment issues there.

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Hiya Ex,

Are your headers on ebay now? I was browsing headers tonight and noticed a set of pop's.
I'm 'casually' looking for now ....wanna redo the top-end at some point, and then headers would naturally go on. Don't mind spending some $$ as long as they fit with least amount of %^&*$#@! (I think everyone wants that, I know, I know, lol)

Have a great turkey day! Norm

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Minn, yes the used set is mine.

If you unbolt the motor mounts and lift up the motor with a jack, the driver side does in from the bottom and the pass side goes in from the top. The hardest part is getting the bolts started and bolted down on the lower half.

·
Registered
751 Posts
If you unbolt the motor mounts and lift up the motor with a jack, the driver side does in from the bottom and the pass side goes in from the top. .
I appreciate that heads-up (pardon pun) about the install! Plus, I used to add shortie studs on that tough lower row -but the last set of headers I installed was ....when I think I still had a rotary phone in my garage :p

Any header with a sharper turn-down exit really shrouds that lower row, making for lotsa post install slurping. :D

Since I have the 4spd, I'm always researching header brands that fit best (besides FPA's, Mad Dog's, etc). ...I know yours had an auto, because I read your conversion posts.

May I ask what header you've installed now, and what made you change the Pop's out? ....I'm always hungry for header tips, lol.

Thanks again, happy gobbling Norm

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
hey minn...
i changed mine over to 4 spd as well...
i had to trim of a little on clutch fork,,or it would hit connector flange...
but im using a hydralic wilwood style pullslave cylinder...no mechaical linkage..

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I want to go to a full length header. If I ever get my 406 Windsor sold ill be building a 427 fe for the gal. I've got a marine 68 block 427 that needs a sleeve or two for the future.... If I ever sell that damn Windsor.

·
Registered
751 Posts
hey minn...
i changed mine over to 4 spd as well...
i had to trim of a little on clutch fork,,or it would hit connector flange...
but im using a hydralic wilwood style pullslave cylinder...no mechaical linkage..
Hey Ragg,

Great info, nice pics, thanks! Going 'juice' is certainly not out of the question, hmmm (little spur gears in my head go "whirr, whirr, whirrr"), lol.

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
I want to go to a full length header. If I ever get my 406 Windsor sold ill be building a 427 fe for the gal. I've got a marine 68 block 427 that needs a sleeve or two for the future.... If I ever sell that damn Windsor.
You sound like me, 'cept you've already gone the 'shortie' route -so I will heed what you're saying, (and thanks for imparting it on me)!

Yes, get that 427 going so I can be one of maany who gets to share in your joy (by reading about how nice it sounds, feels, revs.....ok, I'll stop now before I go into 'defib', baahaa).

ps: I sell on eBay, hemmings .... holler if I can help 'market' that Windsor.

Norm

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey Ragg,

Great info, nice pics, thanks! Going 'juice' is certainly not out of the question, hmmm (little spur gears in my head go "whirr, whirr, whirrr"), lol.
lol you always make me chuckle........

Rag, the windsor is a very healthy motor and should be after all the damn money ive sunk into it. Had i never got into race cars, i probably could have had a 427 gal and maybe a healthy fairlane too. Pisses me off.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You sound like me, 'cept you've already gone the 'shortie' route -so I will heed what you're saying, (and thanks for imparting it on me)!

Yes, get that 427 going so I can be one of maany who gets to share in your joy (by reading about how nice it sounds, feels, revs.....ok, I'll stop now before I go into 'defib', baahaa).

ps: I sell on eBay, hemmings .... holler if I can help 'market' that Windsor.

Norm
Yea right now the 4-2-7 is a dream for now unless i get that anchor sold....2hp/cube ANCHOR!

Do you guys think i should do a classified ad on fleebay or bin or auction?

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Yea right now the 4-2-7 is a dream for now unless i get that anchor sold....2hp/cube ANCHOR!

Do you guys think i should do a classified ad on fleebay or bin or auction?
Set your absolute lowest price as the BIN but do both..... set your reserve to the BIN price, start bidding @ say 5 bills, or somewhere that will generate an interest for biddin to start.. who knows ya might get more than the BIN price, some ppl DO get caught up in bidding wars... Then ya might have the one smart buyer that will just 'snatch' it with the BIN price. Problem with feebay, is the shipping. An engine wont be easy to ship, and then the worry it doesnt end up upside down or a pallet of flour or something stacked on top of it...

Think I'd hit all the ford boards you can and spam it errr advertise it on them....;):D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts