Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Holy Jeebus! And they did it to that poor 72 too...

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
I'd seen a few of those in the long ago past... talked to someone that had one and he was pretty happy with it. He did mention that he had to install a stronger set of rear springs (arranged through the RV dealer) and he also had to install some air shocks to level the load and help the car handle correctly. IIRC he was running a 351 2V in his and he complained a little about the cost in fuel mileage although he did say he had plenty of power to haul it around.

I couldn't do that to one of mine but... different strokes and all that...

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Honestly that scares the CARP outa me just knowing that something like that is even on the road!

·
Registered
15 Posts
i'd like to know the campers weight , it has no a/c, and if the holding tanks in it aren't to large it's conceivable that it could be within the weight limits a chero could carry safely. i think it's cool. years ago slide in campers were put on 1/2 and 3/4 ton pickups and they worked quite well. 20 years ago a 1ton dually pickup was a rare bird, now they're a status symbol , and considered a must have item to carry anything bigger than a breadbox...........ray

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
I think that is splendid, remember, no matter how far you go you're always close to home.
That's was just one of the reasons for those vehicles. Like the luxury trucks of today.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts