Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished my disc brake swap and I was told to get a porpotioning valve. Well the directions don;t really tell where to place it. I was told to put it on the back brakes but do I put it right after the master cylinder or after the distribution block? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I assume this is one of the adjustable ones, with the little knob?

I put mine after the block, on the rear lines. It is on the firewall near the top, just above the MC.

A friend of mine has a VW GTI that he races, and he has his on the tunnel, right next to the drivers seat. Its really neat because you can fiddle with it on the fly.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
The proportioning valve regulates the pressure to the back brakes. In the disk brake setup's that I have seen, the master cylinder has two outputs...even the single resevoir master cylinders. One output goes to the distribution block where it splits to the two front brakes. The other output goes to the proportioning valve which then goes to the back of the car for the rear brakes.

·
Registered
119 Posts
i am in the process of the same type of disc brake conversion, just have the plumbing to finish. OK, the proportioning valve goes after the distribution block to the rear brakes. How about the distribution block itself? Does it need to be updated? It's on a 69 and one of the articles on Granada conversions says to use a 70s and up disc brake dist.block. Is this necessary?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts