Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much would a set of 66 289 heads be worth, with a full stage II port and polish job? The heads are bare castings with the stock springs, retainers, and locks but no valves. The heads have been cleaned, magnafluxed, milled, and the chambers have been cc'ed after being milled and unshrouded valves. the heads still need to be rebuilt and have the stock valve sizes. The port work was 750$, which included gasket maching both intake and exhaust, extensive reworking of the exhaust runner ( a straight line shot from bowl to exit ), alot of pocket porting( tear drop shape intake valve guide boss ), bowl blended into seat. valves unshrouded for 1.94 and 1.60 ( keeping in mind the valve seats are still the stock size 1.78 and 1.45 ), and polished chambers. How much would you guys pay for a bare set of heads like thies? I would think around 300$ for the port work that was done and considering you could have them easly rebuilt for 300-400$ more and have a nice set of heads for around 700$. would this be a good price? sorry for the long post

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
I'll sell you a complete set ready to bolt on for 500.00

68 D0OE 302 heads pretty much the same as above but have 1.84 and 1.54 351W valves cc'ed to 55.8 polished %%^^*&^&%&^%&^%

Just let me know and I'll send you some pics of the port work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts