Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on getting a cylinder flowed so I can go with a new cam. But I was wondering what you thought about this bit of material behind the guide on the cylinder side. Should I keep it, or grind it out? I can venture that taking it out would cause a low pressure space behind the valve. But on the other hand, the collision of air there after might help with swirl. What do you think?

I bought these in 1999. As they are in the pix, the Intake measures 175CC's, and the Exhaust is 72.5CC's. I gasket matched the exhaust to a Ford gasket by squaring the bottom, and sides, and then raised the top for a better straight shot out of the port.

My motor is a 9:1-306 with a 5-speed, and 3:73 rear gear. I want a cam that will be mostly for street, but will turn a good 1/4 mile time every once in a while. Have any sugestions on a good cam?

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Do those heads have the raised exh. port? Right now they seem to be more than enough flow for a 306. Try an X303 Ford cam 224 @.050 .542 lift on a 112 split, straight pattern, I always thought this would be a good street/strip cam with quality idle.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do those heads have the raised exh. port? Right now they seem to be more than enough flow for a 306. Try an X303 Ford cam 224 @.050 .542 lift on a 112 split, straight pattern, I always thought this would be a good street/strip cam with quality idle.

They're advertised as raised .400".

I'm definatley up for cam sugestions. What is the power band of the X cam?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts