Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have a set of 90 cobra heads. I would like to do some lite porting on them. Can you Gasket match the exaust and intake on these heads with out getting into trouble. Thanks for the help I would love some pics. Ive look'd around cant find anything worth useing. Cant see the work done to well . thanks for the help.....

·
Registered
10,299 Posts
With rare exceptions, gasket matching is not recommended. Port matching is a good and very different thing. The E7 and especially GT40 heads and intakes have some unique flow patterns that you can take advantage of, but it's not by just making the holes bigger. Do a search in the head porting section here for tips. Do another search web-wide for a good guide by Tim Moss (TMOSS) on the factory SBF heads and what works - and doesn't. The up-side is that you can do more flow improvement with less work than just hogging them out.

David

·
Registered
57 Posts
What are the casting numbers on the heads? I don't recall there being cobra heads in 1990. I'd guess they're E7TE castings which are standard 302 Ford EFI spec heads.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts