Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I'm new to the forum. I have some 65 model C4AE heads which have some pretty big valves 194/160 I think, & dual valve springs. Are they port friendly? The #'s on the bottom say C4AE I think. The # 65 along with the # 289 is also cast onto the heads so I was guessing they are 1965 model 289 heads. I want to get them ported but need some input. Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Yes they are port friendly!

Check out the Porting Section of the Forum, there is good information and some pictures in there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I wanted to hear..! The heads are in really good shape.. What is a good set of valve springs and rocker arms to accomodate a .512 lift cam with 230 duration. Will the stock rockers work well for now (adjustable) thanks guys

·
Registered
660 Posts
If you don't have screw in studs yet I'd have them installed for that cam.

I'd try to find what your cam manufacturer recommends for springs. It depends alot on your cam profile.

Your stock rockers should work just fine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeh, my heads have the screw in studs 3/8. At the point I just want it running, thats why I'm asking so many q's. The engine has just been rebuilt by myself, correctly. Bored .030 with forged pistons Flat top. I had some heads on it but to many valvetrain probs cause the cam was big. ex.. Preloaded the lifters for bolt down rockers, sounded like a train dragging a can of quaters. So I ditched them for the C4AE heads, now just need a little input to be on my way. Thanks so much for the replies guy's!! I'll tell ya how it goes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts