Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if you can grind the threaded lump out of the exhaust port, and how much can the head be ported before you run into problems. thanks jjc

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
The thermactor bump as it's called, is totally removeable. As for your second question, do a google search on porting E7TE heads, or stock 302 heads, and you should find a great walkthrough that's been floating around forever. Matter of fact, give me a bit and I'll take a look through my 10 million favorites and see if I can't find it =p.

Cris

·
Registered
10 Posts
On 2006-09-29 21:58, Is1BadFord wrote:As for your second question, do a google search on porting E7TE heads, or stock 302 heads, and you should find a great walkthrough that's been floating around forever. Matter of fact, give me a bit and I'll take a look through my 10 million favorites and see if I can't find it.Cris
Chris, did you find that link?

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
On 2006-11-07 11:17, 393Clevor wrote:
Goggle = porting e7 heads

http://www.armstrong.edu/ron/auto/e7.html
Something in this article made me wonder how the DOOEs I ported compared. The E7 article says that the width at the pushrod bulge ends up about 0.9". I measured my DOOEs yesterday and they measured about 1.020 at the bulge. Either I ported the begezus out of those heads and the E7 port job was conservative or DOOEs have a lot more room for porting. I did take the wall thickness at the pushrod bulge down to less than 1/16 thick.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I de-thermactored my 69 truck heads and messed with the bowls also. Did it with a dremel and some grinding bits. Turned out nice but did take some time.

·
Registered
310 Posts
[/quote]
Something in this article made me wonder how the DOOEs I ported compared. The E7 article says that the width at the pushrod bulge ends up about 0.9". I measured my DOOEs yesterday and they measured about 1.020 at the bulge. Either I ported the begezus out of those heads and the E7 port job was conservative or DOOEs have a lot more room for porting. I did take the wall thickness at the pushrod bulge down to less than 1/16 thick.
[/quote]

This is something that most people never realize, or at least never gets mentioned.--- The early windsor heads have a considerably smaller push rod hole. It leaves potentual for more cross section.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi dears... this is my first post here... can you explain me what the best heads in the market, in exception aluminum ones, that I can install on my 302W ????

1 - 14 of 14 Posts