Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you nice folks have any ideas, I need some suggestions on who does the best porting work on Tunnel Port heads for All Out Competition.

·
Premium Member
3,959 Posts
I would have to guess Kuntz & Co

Used to be paired up with Keith Craft, but Kuntz is the one that could make all the power

Kuntz and Company Website

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Depends on if you wish to ship them or take them yaself and where you live. I think Paul Adams does a nice job , he holds record in nhra with a thunderbolt. Survival motor sports is to be known as best 6 years running on dyno pulls for a fe and last but not least I think in washington state the man that did Jim Van Cleves heads is still living. Cleves also help records with his fairlane till he sold it and died. Depends on where ya live. If close to maryland my speed shop has a flow machine and does a good job. or let Fe do it as he stated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just to give you fellas a heads up on the situation, I'm working on the possibility of using a 427 wedge engine to compete in boat racing. By the rules, the engine must be run on a 6-71 blower @ 20% overdrive, static compression at 9:1 max, maximum cid 468, iron block, running on Methanol. Any cam and all Cyl. Head mods are allowed. I know what you must be thinking, but the CAMMER and the 460 engine is specifically NOT ALLOWED (you wouldn't believe these Chevy guys that made all the rules.... sheeesh). Here is the twist: this engine will need to make over 1200 HP just to stay in the race, 1300 or more to be truly competitive. I can get Tunnel Port heads and a blower intake for it, and I have just learned about the Raw Pro Port heads that Edelbrock has, the problem is that I'm not sure which to choose. I've seen where some people have achieved 380 cfm flow on the Intake side of a TP, and about 265 on the exhaust side. But has someone found more than that? With the Edelbrock head, I can't find anyone that has done extensive porting on them, so I have no clue of how much power can be gotten from them.

So..... this is where I'm at in researching all this to see if its even possible to get close to what is needed.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Talk to Blair Patrick.

TP or the Ed raw castings either way he can get you where you want tot go with the heads.

captcj at hughes dot net

·
Premium Member
3,959 Posts
Talk to Blair Patrick.

TP or the Ed raw castings either way he can get you where you want tot go with the heads.

captcj at hughes dot net
Forgot about Blair, absolutely a great recommendation.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts