Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read an article in Car Craft where some of the new aftermarket heads can outflow the intake.They were talking specificly about the victor intake but the 302 version.The article was quite technicle and Im not a flowbench expert so I can't tell you exactly what to do but if I remember correctly they were grinding the roofs of the port runners and doing lots of blending.It made a big difference but it didn't sound like something you'd want to try at home without a flowbench as not all runners were the same either.I guess it depends how good your heads flow. If you've got some ported aftermarket heads it might be worth a look if your after that very last tenth(who isn't?)If I run across the article I'll give you the name of the guy who was doing the work.Oh and sorry for mentioning that OTHER magazine.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Chilly, you might as well sell that 'little' intake and get a MANS intake, (super Vic).
You're going to be porting alot to even get the head to intake ports to match!
If I remember correctly, (way back when I ran a vic jr.), they had a long way to go to even match a 1262 gasket!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
When I was shopping for an intake I noticed that a $650 pre ported vic jr flowed the same as the $250 super vic. I bought the super vic welded on a domanator flange and just recieved some 6" porting dies from summit to smooth things out. Should be sending some pics to "dark" soon.

408w TFS "R" heads

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Step up to the plate, Chris.
You can upgrade with a dual stage NOS setup. Put the proper intake on it now. Your car needs you.....Your engine needs you........power.....power.......power.........

1 - 4 of 4 Posts