Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've blown three of these aluminum remote oil filter adapters off my 460, the part that screws into the block in place of the filter. the first time the threaded part broke off, second and third times the threads stripped when I really got on the gas. All the ones I've seen in catalogs appear to be the same and I refuse to buy another one. Have any of you had this problem? I assume my high volume oil pump has a lot to do with it. Does someone sell a non-aluminum adapter?
Doing the same repair 3 times is no fun!
neither is driving around with a smoking car for a week, since it douses my header wrap in oil every time.
anyway, I appreciate any help you can offer, and thanks again!

·
Registered
3 Posts
You might want to look into a marine part. Rex Marine in California supplies a billet adapter. Others may too.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Call Canton Racing Products, get their 22-595 remote oil filter adapter. Made with billet 6061-T6. A real nice piece. Phone # 203-481-9460, ask for Chris, tell him Dennis sent ya. You're probably using the Perma-Cool unit, and you're right, they are garbage.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hemikiller on 3/23/02 8:51pm ]</font>

·
Registered
521 Posts
I use the Ford Motorsport adapter.It screws into the block and lets you swivel the mount to put the filter wherever you want it.I never had a problem with it.
Bob

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Can't remember what brand mine is, but the adapter itself doesn't thread into the block, it has a bolt with a hole in it for oil flow that threads into the oil filter hole and holds the adapter on. Sorry, I can't be any less descriptive or less helpful, LOL. I'll try to find out what brand it is.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
I always like the Ford MS piece. It is made by Hayden and allows the hose connections to come in at 90* or straight. Never had any troubles with it for as leaks or breakage.

·
Registered
71 Posts
use the billet ones or L&L (the engine swap people has a good one) the perma cool ones arent woth the effort dont bother with the cast ones --

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys,
I went ahead and ordered the Canton piece, thanks for that number hemikiller.

Matt Williams
67 Coupe 460

1 - 9 of 9 Posts