Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I jsut got this message in my private messages, sounds bogus to me, please pass this along to other members.

Mike

Hello

I am interested in buying the items that you have placed for sale, and I would want to know about the present condition, as well as some detail about you. I expect this timely enough.

As for the payment, I would need you to get back in touch with the last asking price then I get a check or money order sent.

Would you please reply back to me at: [email protected]

I will be looking forward to hear from you soon.

Yours interestingly,
Raymond Griffith

·
Registered
440 Posts
i got the same thing, from the same person about an add i placed on here. i have also gottin that same emial from adds i have placed on craigslist

·
Registered
674 Posts
I got the same PM figured it was a fraud. Sent a reply and got this.....

Thanks for your response and sorry I wasnt able to reply sooner to your mail.

You can not belief how only I had wish meeting you personally to discuss this regrettably I am no longer based in the States but now here in Toronto, Canada on similar business interest and also have a family owned old aged ware house with home located in Birmingham, Alabama, USA (storage & restoration unit) which is being run by my lovely wife and Son.

So, would you please inform me if I am to purchase the intake whats the bottom line price (quote your price minus shipping cost) and in the same doing Send to me necessary details--postal address, full name and telephone number(s)--of whom this cheque should be payable to thus my wife could mail the cheque to you. On the shipment, I have a recommended haulier there who will be contracted to meet with you for inspection, survey and arrangement for shipment.

On getting the cheque cashed and all agreement was proved legitimate, he (the haulier) will be directed to establish contact with you for immediate transfer of the items to my wife and son who are designated for receiving orders placed by our customers. I have hard hearing i can only text you

Raymond Griffith

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
I don't even have this for sale, I reported him to the powers that be....

Kelsey Hayes disc brakes
Hello

I am interested in buying the Kelsey Hayes disc brakes that you have placed for sale, and I would want to know about the present condition, as well as some detail about you. I expect this timely enough.

As for the payment, I would need you to get back in touch with the last asking price then I get a check or money order sent.

Would you please reply back to me at: [email protected]

I will be looking forward to hear from you soon.

Yours interestingly,
Raymond Griffith

·
Registered
10,342 Posts
I love having fun with criminals like this. I start asking questions like I'm really interested, like "Birmingham? Cool! I"ll be passing through there next week and I can drop it off to your lovely wife. What is her name and the address?" just to see how they answer. They finally give-up but it's fun in the meantime. There are a number of websites dedicated to screwing with them, and it's fun to see what others put them through.

David

·
Registered
419 Posts
Got the same thing from him earlier this week. Went back and forth with him for a few emails, then got bored and told him I knew he was scamming....never heard back.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Went one step further for a 95 Camaro that i had, a parts car, this was in 2010.
the cheque i recoeved was for to much, of course & "if i;d just send the overage back to him", not exactly how it went but thats the gist of it.
Now, i got the cheque from "him" took it to my bank who said:
This is a real bank draft, on the Bank of America & totally ligit, so they deposited it into my account. After about 10 days i was contacted by the Bank of Nova Scotia brass who had the RCMP involved & wanted to meet, according to them, this was one of the best counterfeit "bank Drafts" they had ever seen & totally bogus. so, do watch yourself these guys are pretty good at this!

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
I have them make the checks out to the Mayor of Cincinnati, and send them to city hall, they do it, then send nasty emails to me because I don't send the overages back....what fun....

I did call the FBI, they don't care...the last check I got UPS NDA was from a oil company in Texas, it was a REAL bank, and a real company, these scum bags got their information, and were sending REAL checks out...un-unthorized of course, but the FBI said they didn't care......

·
Registered
10,342 Posts
LOL - that's good. Next time, have them send the check to:

F. B. Iscam
2012 Ronald Reagan Drive
Cincinnati, OH 45236

That's one local FBI filed office. Be sure to tell them to include the note to send overages back with the address they want it mailed to. There are field offices in most major cities listed on a map on the FBI web site. Pick your favorite. You can even call to get the name of the Agent in charge of fraud and put his name in the address. Not that it will do any good, but you never know...

David

·
Banned
6,355 Posts
I'd play them tell them my parts manager would handle the deal >Mr Ben Dover would like to take care of you . . once they found out what Mr Ben would do for them .... I must be on the no contac list now . I never hear from them

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.