Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We/re going to fix my suspension so it doesn't look like a 4x4, wrong springs are in it we figure- too long. So this brings me back to putting 17's or even 18's under this thing. Also, what tire size is recommended largest if possible in either rim size? Can you show me some pics of Galaxies with 17's or 18's? Thanks fellas.

·
Registered
218 Posts
i know a guy that has a 64 and hes trying to fit 18X 10 in the rear and either 18 X 9 in the front or 17X8. one problem though is he has a 4 link in the rear and has a lot more room. when he gets them mounted ill see if i can post some pics. i have a couple test fit pics though

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
My Brother put 17's under his '63 Country Sedan. They are 7 inches wide in the front and 8 inches wide in the rear. He definatetely can not turn as sharp as he used to . But, they sure look good on his wagon.

Larry

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm thinking about 18" American torq thrust 2's with the painted satin spokes. I really like that look and 18's have a wide variety of tire sizes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 64 Galaxie...I just put 17x8's on it. Plenty of room and it looks great. Haven't figured out how to add a picture, but will. It has 215x50 of the front and 245/50 on the rear.

Reversed the shackles and it gives it that "bad boy' look, just sitting there.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Just my $.02. Why does everyone what to put truck size wheels on cars? Shoot, Model T's came with 21" wheels. Have we not gone backwards? Also reversing the shackles on the rear end changes the pinion angle and will wipe out the front u-joint.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts