Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1461 - 1477 of 1477 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,516 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
New here. Just recently acquired a 1969 Galaxie with a 390. Overall pretty good shape with a solid interior. I'll be recording my restomod progress on this forum in "Makin' Progress"

·
Registered
67 Posts
New here, asked before where to post about my 1970 XL, and was told to post here cos an XL is just a fancy Galaxie.
Feel a bit out of place, cos I like the Galaxie's but mine doesn't really look like one. I'll post a pic at the end.
My question is about replacing the bushes on the front suspension upper and lower arms.
In the manual it requires special tools to remove and fit the bushes. Are these really required? or is there a mechanics work around that everybody uses.
Thinking of doing the job myself on my drive, but would like to gather some advice first.
Here she is
IMGP1504.jpg

·
Registered
341 Posts
New here, asked before where to post about my 1970 XL, and was told to post here cos an XL is just a fancy Galaxie.
Feel a bit out of place, cos I like the Galaxie's but mine doesn't really look like one. I'll post a pic at the end.
My question is about replacing the bushes on the front suspension upper and lower arms.
In the manual it requires special tools to remove and fit the bushes. Are these really required? or is there a mechanics work around that everybody uses.
Thinking of doing the job myself on my drive, but would like to gather some advice first.
Here she is
View attachment 157621
Sorry I can't answer your question but you'll probably get more replies to your question if you post on the Galaxie pages.

This is mostly just for posting pictures of your Galaxie (which you did) not technical questions. I don't think you'll find many people looking here when you need help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Greetings Everyone!!

I'm the new guy, my name is Kevin and I am an elementary school music teacher and church choral director who lives in East Tennessee and am excited to be a part of the forums.

I have a 1969 XL Convertible 351w. My baby is Pink, bought her off of eBay this color. I'm still deciding what color to paint her, and am open to suggestions! Only mod so far is swapped factory 2bbl to an Edelbrock 4bbl.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Kevin

Maestro's 69XL.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Guys just registered here today. Bought this 68 Galaxie 500 convertible Saturday. (Still havent brought home) car is a 2 owner with under 50k original the second owner has had her for 35 years. Been sitting a few years but everything is free'd up and she rolls. Has a 390 2 bbl she cranks fine but hasn't been started yet.

Attachments

1461 - 1477 of 1477 Posts