Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1501 - 1520 of 1544 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Good Lord that is GORGEOUS, Macpherson!!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Thanks Mcpherson4055,
I've always wanted to feel incompetent and insecure. I've been working on mine way too long and have significantly less to share!! ? Here are a couple of pix of my 66 Custom 500. 1 of the car before I started doing any work on her, in 2014 and another pic of her after media blasting the shell and primer/sealer sprayed to protect the metal in 2018. Since then its been pushed/pulled/towed to 2 different body guys as I'm trying to get some fresh sheet metal welded in the rear quarters and a fresh coat of Wimbledon White. The F&R seats have been recovered, door panels re-covered in Galaxie 500 XL trim as nobody re-produces the Custom 500 interior (that I know of and its too late anyway). I also have a new dash pad and eyebrow pad for the instrument panel from Corvette America.

That's all I know for now...
Steve in Flat Rock, MI

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Steve, that Custom 500 is a cool-looking car! I don't think I've ever actually seen one. Looks like it was going after the Cutlass and Monte Carlos from the same era.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Macpherson, just AMAZING the level of detail. Beautiful car!!! Has to be nicer than when off the showroom floor.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Haywood...that's a good looking sedan you picked up. Doesn't seem like it needs much "wrenching" at all!!

Kiwi....good looking '67 you got "down there". Welcome!!

bsa...really dig that fastback (beater edition, or not!)

·
Registered
40 Posts
That's awesome, Lynch! What did you have to do to get her running?

·
Registered
14 Posts
That's awesome, Lynch! What did you have to do to get her running?
Carb rebuild, tank fuel lines, brake lines booster, radiator. Nothing crazy, lucky the engine wasn't frozen. Trans has a few problems but I got all 3 gears back, should've rebuilt the alternator. First Ford I've owned. This has stock ac, p/s, the works

Thanks man!
Chevy is easier but it's my dream car

Last project, hated it, do what you love

·
Registered
96 Posts
Lynch, that's the 4 door version of my 66 Custom 500 2 door. Wimbledon White with blue interior.

·
Super Moderator
21,629 Posts
I love that! "Beater edition"! That is so awesome! LOL I'll have to remember that. I'm sure i've probably seen or heard it before but this time I noticed it more. Maybe i've just been cooped up too long with the virus stuff going on! LOL

Here is my 68 XL Fastback (Beater Edition) 390 magnum 244/244 cam MSD distributor, ign 3500 stall 3.90 gears on a full spool View attachment 165083 View attachment 165085

1501 - 1520 of 1544 Posts