Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1581 - 1600 of 1610 Posts

·
Registered
1965 Ford Galaxie LTD, 1966 Fairlane, 1967 Cougar
24 Posts
I do like the look. The previous owner had done some research on ownership and they said it had originally been a government FBI staff car. Sounds like just a fanciful story, but just maybe...

·
Registered
602 Posts
Looks like its in great shape.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everybody, new to the forums here and finally purchased my first Galaxie. It's a 63 4 door 500 sedan with a 352 2bbl and a Cruise-O-Matic trans. Original color was Champagne inside and out. It's been through a few color changes, and it's in fair to rough shape and needs a bit of work to be brought back to roadworthy condition. Needs some floors and a trunk pan yet and some other parts. But it's slowly coming together. Starting to look like a whole car again with the front and rear lights, thanks to eBay and a lot of research. Still has a ways to go, but it'll be a father and daughter project and we've got plenty of time to work on it.

First day at it's new place

Front floor pans aren't too bad, except for that huge hole in them. Previous owner was using this as a parts car to restore a wagon.

At least the bows for the headliner are still in the car.

Still has the original push button AM radio and bezel still in the car. Originally Champagne color inside and out.

352 cid FE series V8, needs some serious cleaning but purrs like a kitten.

Amazing what a bit of soap and water will do for a car. See a lot of a bad putty fill job on the hood. This should be fun to investigate later.

Finally some taillights in place

Headlight door bezels in place. Buckets and headlights are coming in soon.

·
Registered
1 Posts
1964 Ford Custom 4 Door with 289 V8
The Custom will require extensive metal work to get it ready for the road. The floor pans and trunk are like Swiss cheese. I ordered the AMD floor and trunk pans for it and haven't started on it because of space limitations. I'm planning a full frame off restoration on the '64 Custom. Once the '66 is running I'm hoping to pull the motor on the '64 and rebuild it.

1966 Ford Galaxie 500 2 Door Hardtop with 352 V8
The '66 Galaxie are the cause of my space limitations and the cause for pause on the Custom. I found this a couple of months ago and currently working to get it running as it has seen the road more recently (10-15 years) than the Custom. The car overall has very little rust, mainly surface rust that can be cleaned up. My plan is to get this one running so I can start work on the Custom. Once the Custom is a little further along, I might tear into the Galaxie and do some level of restoration. The Galaxie was mostly complete. The bumper and all the trim was in the trunk of the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
1ST POST. MY 66. 390 car, suspension work and motor is warmed over. 65,000 original miles. zero rust, got lucky. Picked it up from a buddy of mine i found for him 6 years ago. Ive had it about 3 1/2. At deals gap NC , used as tow vehicle for a vintage MC rally. good times.

Motor is all fresh, edel rpm perfomers, rpm perf intake, 10:1 pistons, .030 sanderson headers, 390GT howards cam, mx trans, everything has been gone thru, by my. even made a class 3 hitch for it.

few more pics of the motor and the interior. its a very bread and butter build overall.

the fuel pump got swapped out pretty fast but was ok for break in. this was this winter at work warehouse, priming the pump. high volume melling with chromoly arp drive and a windage tray on top of the 7 qt pan. was going for durability more than anything.

·
Registered
1966 Galaxie
302 Posts
1ST POST. MY 66. 390 car, suspension work and motor is warmed over. 65,000 original miles. zero rust, got lucky. Picked it up from a buddy of mine i found for him 6 years ago. Ive had it about 3 1/2. At deals gap NC , used as tow vehicle for a vintage MC rally. good times. View attachment 169113

Motor is all fresh, edel rpm perfomers, rpm perf intake, 10:1 pistons, .030 sanderson headers, 390GT howards cam, mx trans, everything has been gone thru, by my. even made a class 3 hitch for it.

View attachment 169114
Where you at in SC?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've been lurking here a bit but now I'm deciding to start posting so I can increase my knowledge with help through the community here. I picked up this Z code 63' 500XL boxtop in January, mostly original except aluminum radiator, COM died so in went a C6, also valve covers are chrome but the owner gave me the original air cleaner and thunderbird VC's. Engine has never been opened up and some of the seals are leaking. I live in the PNW and the freeze/thaw cycles kill gaskets so this will be on my to do list eventually.

Car either has 31,xxx or 131,xxx miles on it. I'm struggling with a plan for the car but for now I have TrueSpoke wheels on order and I'll upgrade the manual drums with single pot MC to Wilwood manual disc with dual MC.

·
Registered
4 Posts
1961 Starliner

The car has been in storage for the last 7-10 years. The engine and driveline are in the chassis, body and panels are painted, all suspension, interior, and chrome are new. After dismantling, painting and putting it in its current condition between 2009-2011ish, other interests put the car on the back burner until health issues took their toll.

How it was in 2009; Resto-mod begins; How/where I found it; Where it sits for now...

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire Plant Wheel Vehicle Car

• 1961 Galaxie Starliner
  • 1963 406 Tri-Power, Borg-Warner T-10 Four-Speed
  • New exhaust front to back
  • All suspension, bushings, and bearings replaced.
  • Four-wheel Disc Brakes
  • Bucket Seats with Center Console
  • All seats, panels, console newly re-upholstered
  • Every piece of chrome, and there is a lot, restored/repaired/replaced
I am learning all that I can about the car and assembly, have spoken to several, several, shops based on online searches and referral after referral have found only a couple shops that are interested in taking it on but are currently backlogged. Meanwhile, I continue to learn, inventory, source, pair, fit, and package parts or hardware and will likely be on forums here with questions regarding fitment and/or assembly of trim, molding, etc. STAY TUNED, I WILL UPDATE WITH PROGRESS.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Car Tire

I haven’t been on here in forever but I have been working on my 64 that I have had since fall of 88.
Just had air ride installed.
It has power windows, power driver seat, swing away steering wheel, 390 auto, power steering and brakes. Wilwood front disc brakes, Farman fab a arms. 2 1/2” stainless exhaust with PI manifolds.
Hope to have a/c soon and completely new interior this winter.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi this is my newly acquired 1965 Galaxie 500. With the 352 and cruise o matic. Still learning about the car. Ive removed the yellow light vinyl and have also removed all the red window tint except for the rear glass so far. And also removed the black vinyl pinstripes.

1581 - 1600 of 1610 Posts