Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1661 - 1679 of 1679 Posts

·
Administrator
22,127 Posts
A good MAACO job would even work. Some of them are 1 footers if you have a good one in your neighborhood. We have a great one here and there's many of their cars rolling around sporting their paint work, some for many years.

Hopefully you have a paint place around that also does good work.

:ROFLMAO: Right? I can't stand how many people have come up to me in my short ownership of the car and mentioned I need to leave it how it looks. I'm not against a good rad rat or some solid patina, but to me it deserves a second chance at life and a respray to match! It'll never be a show car, but hell if it could be a decent 10 footer I'd be more than happy! :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2 Posts
looking good , what size are the wheels 20 in? look nice, what interior parts are you looking for?

Thank you! They are 20" mobsteel detroit wheels. I am trying to find the rear sill plates and also the front quarter glass and door weather stripping. I am also having a hard time finding any documents that state what turn signal switch that I need. It seems like 62 was an odd ball year.

·
Registered
65 ford galaxie 500 4 dr
44 Posts
also kanter auto will have front end parts and weather strip, if used them years ago they have good customer service, was restoring a 64 comet at the time. they had alot of the hard to find parts, all in on place. there in booton newjersy , i drove there meet with the owner mr kanter ,now his sons run the place . check this out should help you. mostly all stock parts , not speed or after market stuff

·
Registered
1964 Galaxie Convertible 500 R code 4-speed
4 Posts
Hi to all,
I‘ve just signed onto the forum . My recent purchase of a 1964 Galaxie 500 convertible has really taken me down a fun rabbit-hole . Already the leaf springs , bushings , hangers and rear brake lines and hoses have been changed out . I’ll be moving forward to some minor electrical issues next . We took the Gal out for a maiden voyage last Sunday up and down along the upper Delaware River area and had a blast .
Glad to be part of this .
Wheel Tire Car Cloud Vehicle

·
Registered
1964 Galaxie Convertible 500 R code 4-speed
4 Posts
1661 - 1679 of 1679 Posts