Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1681 - 1699 of 1699 Posts

· Registered
795 Posts
Super clean car, Tom, Has it always been a Florida car?

· Registered
37 Posts
The previous owner had owned it for 22 years and he bought it from a woman in Florida. I am not sure of the history prior to that. I have to look at any paperwork i have.

Was repainted about 15 uears ago, looks good but of course has some chips and scratches. Im told the interior is all original.

Engine and trans were rebuilt several years ago.

· Registered
795 Posts
The previous owner had owned it for 22 years and he bought it from a woman in Florida. I am not sure of the history prior to that. I have to look at any paperwork i have.

Was repainted about 15 uears ago, looks good but of course has some chips and scratches. Im told the interior is all original.

Engine and trans were rebuilt several years ago.
Very nice, I like it a lot. I'm glad when they repainted it they left the front gravel shield silver as it should be. Most shops paint it to match the body which isn't correct and doesn't look good IMHO.

· Registered
795 Posts
Really nice ride. Looks to be in great shape!

· Registered
2 Posts
Really nice ride. Looks to be in great shape!
Thanks, yeah, it is in great shape. It was recently restored over an 18 month period by a guy named Howard Smith who has a YouTube channel called "Old Car Alley". I had watched the 200+/- videos he made of the restoration process over the year and a half time period never imagining I'd own the car.

Well, in one of the last videos he made about the car he mentioned he might sell it. I reached out and well, the rest is history! It sure is nice to have all those restoration videos of the process for future reference.

I've restored a couple of old Mustangs and also a '68 F250 High Boy. It was actually quite nice to acquire a car that didn't need any work and I could just enjoy diving it.
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Steering wheel

Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Car

· Registered
1964 Ford Galaxie 500, 390
3 Posts
This is my 64' Galaxie 500, Z code 390, Black/Red (Top Pic). Just picked this up at the end on last year...Transmission issues have plagued me since...(Bottom Pic) is my Black/Black 64' Galaxie 500, 390 (originally a X code 352) hit a deer almost 1 year ago, went with an insurance claim and have been led on for months by 3 different shops, currently working with one...fingers crossed!
Wheel Tire Cloud Car Vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

· Registered
319 Posts
@S1b That thing looks sinister! I can picture it pulling up in front of NYC deli and 6 mobsters getting out, lol

Here is my '65 convertible...a one-owner car out of Mississippi! Her 289 is getting a bit tired, so a 390 build is now underway ;)

Figured I'd do a Before & after comparo due to some updates over the last few years...

BEFORE: (when she first got to her new home)
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive parking light

AFTER (as she sits right now):
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Plant

Reactions: SamF
1681 - 1699 of 1699 Posts