Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wanted to let you guys know that when visiting the Galaxie pages, I've been getting spam. Large window pops up blocking entire screen saying that my Norton Anti-Virus is out of date and to click to update. I don't have any Norton software installed so this is suspect.

Also, today the same thing happened saying my Adobe Flash Player was out of date and to click for update. Again, not true as I already have the latest update.

There are also new members/posters making random statements and including a link to something. Highly suspect activity in my opinion.

I don't know if this is happening to anyone else or happening on any of the other pages but I thought I'd put this out there. This is the only website I've been getting these pop-ups on. I've used the "Contact Us" link to inform the owner of the site.

Administrator/Moderator please relocate this post if it is not in the correct area of the website.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
I haven't had that, but thanks for the heads up. Always good to be aware. There may be some browser settings you can tweak to block those pop-ups.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
The one for Adobe Flash Player is originating from Palau has a url beginning with "ensur.qoolonx" the other I don't know of it's origin but the site's url starts with"incursobfx", was founded 2 months ago and shows 403 Forbidden. Not sure what that means.

Also interesting to note is the real Adobe announced that Flash Player will be discontinued as of December 2020.

The administrator hasn't responded to my email yet so just be aware.

As I'm typing this the Norton ad came up again. Twice. Unbelievable.

Reactions: k4apy

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Just heard from Philip (Administrator?) regarding this and so far no issues today. Problem solved?

JIM4, you good today? Doesn't seem like it's affecting too many people.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also have the same case. Web design is another field that bears the name of custom software development services mlsdev.com/services/dedicated-development-team . The basic difference between web design and software engineering lies in the fact that web design is concerned more with the visual interface or graphics design and visual software development deals more with programming language syntax, coding and performance optimization. Web development teams to create web pages through several techniques such as Flash, HTML, and CSS. Web developers also integrate database management systems and user interface components. Web developers may also work on branding and marketing strategies.

·
Administrator
21,887 Posts
I haven't had anything like that either. But in the past, been a long while, I have had that kind of issue but wasn't page specific. I forgot what those type were even called now, but a popup virus type thing. Seems like I used Adaware by Lavasoft and Malwarebytes and finally got rid of it. I've used those free program off and on since my first "bug" more than 15 yrs ago, closer to 20. They work really well for most issues and those popup adware things are supper annoying among other things! These are when i miss the old windows 98 and such. Those windows were easy to go through on your own and pick around windows in explorer and find the little devils yourself. Windows 10 has everything so hidden and locked up the only things that find anything are the viruses it seems like!

These programs aren't like one of those free antivirus programs, mcafee I think it is, that like infests your computer and then you have a big mess trying to uninstall it! Pretty sure it was that one, now it might have changed these days but I had to rescue my nieces computer and my moms after they thought it would be a good thing to download then it wasn't so much. These almost always did well finding the bugs and protecting from them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts