Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Huge wind storm Thursday night, sustained winds of 50 mph & gusts to above 90. Power went off at our house Thursday & just came back on about two hours ago. At one point there were more than a million power customers across three counties without power and last night temps were in the 20's & low 30's. Tonight's temps are supposed to be even lower, but I heard there's only about 150,000 without power today.

Gas stations that have power are running out of gas and the lines to get gas look like a flashback to the 70's.

I was about ready to go fire up the Falcon with the garage door closed. Get warm on the engine and catch a buzz on the mostly burnt C12.

Nice to be back in touch with the world. Man, am I ever a city boy. No pioneer stock in me at all.

Murff

·
Registered
813 Posts
Stay warm and dont kill yourself Murff!!
We are getting it down here in So.Cal right now. No power outs yet, but the wind has picked up speed and lots of cold from the Pacific, and we're getting blasted right now!!
Snow down to 2800ft. makes for a lot of fun!!

·
Registered
825 Posts
26 degrees in alameda last night. The dew on the grass was frozen this morning. Thats as close to snow as we have got in a long time.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Still quite a few thousand folks without power around here. Had 1/2 dozen at our house last night for showers, drinks and warmth. More 70's flashbacks, looked like a crash pad.

82 year old Mom still w/o power, expecting her to be back on our couch again tonight.

My wife lived on a farm for some years and was quite adept at coping with our situation. Me, I'm a city rat. Need my hot showers, espresso & internet or I get downright owly. I would have gladly spent car money on a generator this weekend if I could have found one.

Think I'll start a new thread on generator recommendations.

Murff

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Hey murff just got a call from my grandparents and they have also been without power since wednesday till lastnight about 7 but their basement started to flood and without power could not pump out the water now the really shitty thing is my uncle who lived downtown had power because his building had a generator and when my grandparents asked him when he could lend a hand on wednesday he said maybe sunday if he is not too busy gotta love family at times know what I mean. Anyways glad to hear you are back up and running dude.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, got a few family stories like that this week myself. My Mom is still without power in Des Moines so she's back for another night on our couch.

Temp inside her house this afternoon was 39 degrees. That's just too damn cold for anybodys comfort.

Only 305 more days until I'm back in Kona. sigh.

Murff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts