Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to order my mustang II kit next week and I want to know if I should go with Manual or power rack? The car is a 71 torino, that will eventually have a 460. It isn;t driven daily, but I don;t want it to be to hard. I would like to take off the power steering pump to put vintage air conditioning on it but not if it will be too hard to steer. Also do I need to use the brackets that bolt to the lower control arm and run to the front of the frame? They sell them but they don;t come in the kit. I need to know if I need them so I can buy them at the same time. Also if you have any tips for the swap I'd appreciate it. Thanks

Nick

·
Registered
75 Posts
Try the flaming river steering box, I just ordered one. They are supposed to be really good.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Unless you are running skinny tires up front I'd get the power rack, especially with a 460. The strut rods are used with the OEM style Mustang II lower arms. Note they only have one frame mounting location so you need something to keep them located correctly. If you go with the fancy aftermarket A-Arms you will note the lowers mount to the frame in two locations so you don't need the strut rod.

Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts