Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I have a 66 Galaxie 500 4 door that I'm attempting to convert the front windows to the Electric Life EL 3000 power window kit (since my driver's window regulator went Tango Uniform). Can someone offer some advice, wisdom or point me to where it's listed in the tech board area? As always, all wisdom, support & assistance is deeply appreciated!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Hello Alberatzi,

I can't offer help in the way of the EL 3000 kit, but I did want to offer a suggestion. I converted my '66 4 door to electric by hunting down the original power regulators and buying new electric motors and rollers for the old regulators. 4 door stuff generally isn't sought after and the regulators often go for on the cheap side. I think I paid 30 or 35 a piece for each one. The motor is another 35 dollars (Rock Auto). There's nothing like reinstalling hardware that was made for the car rather than re-invent the wheel with generic aftermarket kits. Some times it's just not worth the time and money. You may want to try CTC Auto Ranch in Texas, or DVAP in Arizona and there's a fella here named George that has many full size Fords he parts out.

Just thoughts.

Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts