Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from my local steel supplier and I had to pay almost a $1 per pound (90cents to be exact-cold roll sheet). It's been a little while since I was there but man that's up. Bummer for anyone building a full racing cage or tube frame. Talk about some pricey sheet

·
Registered
625 Posts
I haven't realy bought any in a while but I do live by steel yard and they have been advertizing 60+ cents a pound for aluminum cans. That must be good because I sure do get allot of people going threw my garbage.

·
Registered
9,251 Posts
Going to have to put a wire cage and a dog around the A/C unit.

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
For 20 bucks I bought 20 sticks of 2" x 2" angle 20 feet long each, perfect for making rolling tables, ill never see that deal again. the most expensive steel is the little 2 or 3 footers, there always 10 or 20 bucks.

·
Registered
625 Posts
On 2006-05-06 08:29, gchero351 wrote:
For 20 bucks I bought 20 sticks of 2" x 2" angle 20 feet long each, perfect for making rolling tables, ill never see that deal again. the most expensive steel is the little 2 or 3 footers, there always 10 or 20 bucks.
Ya that seem like the way it is. When I have to go in a buy quite a bit I always think I got on ok deal but when I just have to go in a grap a few small peaces for some little project it seems WAY expensive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts