Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recomendations on who to have port your heads?

I have a set of Pro Comp heads 210cc 2.05/1.60
For the price i think they work great.
But was wondering what they might be capble of if ported by a pro.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
I would have just bought quality CNC'd heads to start with, something like Brodix M2's about $1900 complete or even (It will take me a little to get this out.......) AFR's (ugh I said the "A" word !!) Flowed and ready to rock. But Hey thats just my opinion.

·
Registered
197 Posts
ou812
I have a stock A331 intake for the A3 heads. Can you give me a idea of how much you will charge to do a full port job on it? Do you need the head or just the intake?
Thanks, Edwin

·
Registered
377 Posts
The best job will be when I can set the intake on the heads to align the roof and floor angles. That would be impossible unless I had the entire engine. Next best thing would be to have you set the intake on the heads with the heads bolted down, and have you visually look at the roof and floor angles and interpret to me if they are the same or off some and which way. Then I would need the intake gasket you will be using and make sure it fits the heads just right. When you say a full port job, that could mean many things. On our high end race engines, we flow the intake on the heads and sometimes use epoxy to get the runners correct. In your case, we would use the cross section in the head as a starting point and work our way up the runner into the plenum. I would need some info but I would say cost would be somewhere around 300-400 dollars with just the porting and finsihing. If we were to flow the head with the intake and it needed filling then it could be double to triple that price. So figure $350 as a hard number and 5 day turn-around.
Brian

www.immengines.com

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ou812 on 6/3/06 9:00am ]</font>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts