Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does this crossover really help with cooling? If so, how much are we talking? I have a 65 mustang with a Fluidyne 3 core but it still gets a little warmer than I would like. If I had to do it over I would have put in a 67 size radiator.... oh well.

If anyone has any experience with this, let me know what you thought of the extra cooling benefits.

Thanks,
Gerald

·
Registered
729 Posts
Well I had a manifold on my 351 that didn’t have the crossover and it ran at 190 and required an electric fan in traffic. In traffic the fan helped but would still creep up to 220 regularly.
Now with the 408 and the Pro Products Hurricane with the crossover I run at 180-200 and don’t need the electric fan except on rare occasions like the outside temperature is over 100 dg and I’m in very slow moving traffic.
The only other difference is my high flow water pump. Other than that everything is exactly the same.

I don’t know exactly how much it helps but it is contributing some.

·
Registered
373 Posts
My 347 used to run between 160-170 with the Pro Products Air Gap intake. Now I run the Vic Jr. with no rear crossover and it runs at exactly the same temp. I am using a stock sized Northern aluminum radiator, Flow Kooler water pump, 160 stat, and 16" SPAL fan.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
.060 over 289 and notice no difference in having a rear cross over and not. The intakes are a Vic Jr and Stealth.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts