Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,
Well, it has finally happened.

The Scorcher (the computer) has finally given up the ghost.

Am at my neighbor Robert's computer writing what will probably be my last post, a least for a while.

Don't know exactly what will be done, but didn't just want to disappear without you all knowing what had happened.

BTW, went out this morning at 8:30 a.m., gave Lorrie three squirts from her Carburetor's Accelerator Pump, turned on the Run Switch, and activated the Start Switch and she STARTED RIGHT UP! So Lorrie is well on her way to being reliable again.

It's been a joy being able to communicate with you all.

Hope this finds you all doing well, and taking excellent care.

I'll hang in here if YOU'LL hang in there.

JC

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Well dang JC, time to find another 'puter, and they can be found cheap. Just look at the likely places when you get a chance (Craigslist etc) Hope you are not gone for long, and can get back up and running again....

·
Administrator
21,668 Posts
Hope you are back soon. I think you will as being cut off from the world cause the puter is dead is not a good thing! Time to find a new scorcher and get ur tail back here!

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Is there a public library near that has computers?

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Is there a public library near that has computers?

Kultz I am not for sure if his "city" has a public library, its a really small town. Someone needs to send him an old unused laptop. I would if i had an extra......

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
shhhhhhhh be vewy vewy qwiet....

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
I just got my daughter a used Refurbished back-up computer for her shop for $100.00.
The guy had two at that price and if this had happened earlier I could have got it and dropped it off when I go to MD Anderson in Houston in about a month and a half for a checkup.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Dang just like FE, stir the pot and "poof" go chase bambi or something.... :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
3,641 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
My wife manages a Goodwill retail store here in north Florida. They offer some great deals on used computers. Usually get a nice set up for $100.-$125. If there is one one of their stores near you, it would be worth checking out. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
black, a SATA aint gonna work, his puter was 15 yrs old or so... I cant remember what OS he was even running..... IIRC it was Win98....

1 - 20 of 73 Posts