Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What should the timing be set at on a stock 351 windsor!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 7LiterViperEater on 6/18/02 10:39am ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 7LiterViperEater on 6/18/02 11:17am ]</font>

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got my car back from the shop and it was steam cleaned from front to back and the engine compartment. It runs like ****, off a stop is bogles and stalls but not right after i adjust it only about 5 minutes later it does it. I used the timing light and i moved the distributor back and forth and it ran good between 20 and 25 on the timing marker, but after about 5 minutes of driving it it starts the boggle and stall thing after every stop. I think its the timing but I dont know what to do under the dist. cap. I know I have to find TDC but I dont know how. I'm only 17 and dont have tons of experience on this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got the entire suspension replaced and yes i checked the distributor cap for water and ther is none.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 7LiterViperEater on 6/18/02 11:16am ]</font>

·
Registered
66 Posts
This might help but who knows. Pull a spark plug and check the plug color a good spark plug should look almost like a straw color(tan). you might be feeding that engine to much fuel that maybe why its' bogging down on the start.just my 2 cents

1 - 7 of 7 Posts