Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I updated my making progress thread, 67 Mustang coupe with the MPG header install progress and issues.

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its all fun David! If it wasnt fun, anyone could do it:D They are nice headers, compared to the Crites that wrapped under the pan. Hopefully this is just a little hiccup and the two tubes will get sorted out.

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Crites tubes were tied, behind the pan!
I think this is good stuff, talking to some dudes on the 460 forum running into the same thing.
I think if I had it to do all over again, I would have spent the 2-3 K on an AJE kit or something similar.
A lot of the MII kits wont give you the travel you need for CALTRACs, 5 inch min, so you have to watch that. I guess AJE kits do that.
Also, may look at Eng plates down the road as well.

Chris

·
Registered
10,327 Posts
No kidding - Calvert wants 5" for transfer? Is that based on a specific weight distribution and center-of-mass height, or just a generally suggested number for an early 'Stang?

David

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, they tell me in order to get the weight transfer back, since the system is designed to get the car up on the suspension, the front end has to be 5 inches or better.

I guess it needs to equal or exceed the travel of the rear suspension for transfer, CG, and instant center etc. Didnt get into the specifics of why, figured it's working for him so must be good?

If you look at thier photo album of cutomer Mustang/Ford pics, even the cars not pulling rubber off the track, are hicked way up and back, and the rear end is up too. I guess it is similar to the gasser approach to traction.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts