Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I, along with a few other guys on here would like to know more about project 460 like whats the supension setup,what kind of springs,shocks,traction aids,etc.what kind of bracing is used on the car? things like that.Wheres Victor? Doesnt he visit Fordmuscle????
Thanks
Bob

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
good questions guys. I thought many or most of them are listed in the Project FE series. Remember, Project 460 is an extension of Project FE...same car.

Victor doesn't make it to the forums unfortunately due to his work schedule. But i'll try to sum it up.

The car is pretty much as you see... its got the manadatory roll cage (6pt) for running 11's or faster. It has Total Control subframe connectors, just the front to rear, not the cross over brace.

The suspension is stock rate 4 leafs in the rear, with Cal Trac bars. Probably 620 rate coils in the front. Competition Engineering drag shocks front and rear.

As you probably know the transmission is a C6, stall is 2500 or so.

So its a basic "off the shelf" set-up... nothing fancy really. It took quite a bit of work with the caltrac bars, and pinion angle, tire pressure, etc to get the 60fts to the 1.50 range.

Hope that helps...

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the reply.now I know that theres no crazy trick stuff or anything.Just alot of tuning and messing around.
Bob

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Damn, 60ft in the 1.5s with only a 2500 stall? That's makin some good torque down low so does that mean he's shifting at 5000-5500RPM?

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Never mind, I just read it and see it's the 6250RPM 460 crate. That converter is way too tight unless you don't like 60ft times in the 1.30s and deep in the 10s. Nice daily driver street engine and converter setup though for street tires. That would be fun and somewhat usable. Loosen that converter and get some serious 60ft times and ETs out of it. Yank the wheels high on launch! C'mon, don't be afraid. (a little inspirational pep talk to get the sand bags out)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts