3rd row seat delete
painted steel wheels with dog dish hub caps

photo's of when I first checked it out

351C 2V engine

ginger interior

·
Registered
10,299 Posts
Are those the same photos from a couple months ago? What are your plans for it?

David

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
photo shoot at an old gas station on the way home from getting it

"check the oil please"

"also the other fluids.thanks"

"can you check the tires too"

me and my new ride

more shots

Wagon at home with my 72 Gran Torino Sport

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are those the same photos from a couple months ago? What are your plans for it?

David
yes, I am starting a thread of the whole car from time I got it till the present progress them will update it with new photo's as I make progress over time

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Work Begins
swap wheels from the Sport
American Racing Torq Thrust
BFG T/A Radials
front 215/70R15 rear 275/60R15

polishing 40 year old original paint

before and after

paint buffed out to a gloss again

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
refurbishing the engine compartment
before

during

painted radiator

removed hood hinges

painted rad support with black wrinkle paint

sanded inner fender wells

masking for paint

sprayed the engine compartment with satin black

painted hood hinges

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Painting engine parts
air cleaner

polished alternator body

painted pulley and hand painted striping

painted alternator middle band

repainted Accel coil

painted water pump pulley and fan with polished spacer

prepping engine for paint

painted engine black

after assembly but not completed

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
also have Ford Motorsport Aluminum black wrinkle valve covers to install but i'm giving them a fresh coat of wrinkle paint as they are off my other 351C that I have had since 1988.
I had issues with the accelerator pump and is now leaking and squirting fuel onto the intake instead of inside the carb
Instead of rebuilding the Motorcraft 1.21 2 barrel i'm gonna get intake gasket and swap on the Edelbrock Performer 4 barrel aluminum intake and Carter AFB 600 cfm 4bbl carb from my other 351C
have a set of 8mm wires off the other motor and a glass fuel filter plus chrome oil dipstick which it will get.

eventually when I can afford to freshen up the other engine and have the pedestal mount heads milled for studs to put on roller rockers and get a different milder cam as this will be street driven and a tow vehicle for the 72 Sport so need it more fuel friendly so no big race cam like it has now. After that motor is ready I will do a swap and add headers,
Car has dual exhaust now but it has the stock manifolds.
I want to change the mufflers and thinking maybe Magnaflow's
any thoughts on those mufflers??

·
Registered
344 Posts
That wagon makes me hungry for a hotdog with plenty of mustard. She really polished up nice!! I vote for flowmaster 44s. Every wagon needs to fight a little bit for respect and sounding throaty with that cam will help. Maybe even nascar style pipes exiting before rear tires?

If she were mine, I'd paint a checker cab stripe down the side. It matches the almost taxi yellow, and the racing tow car theme.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I already added dual exhaust pipes coming out the rear,they were factory dual tailpipes off my 72 Sportas that has a big Block 429 and will be getting all new 3 in exhaust so I used the tailpipes on the wagon.I just need to replace the mufflers and will probably go with Magnaflows and believe me it will sound like a muscle car.I don't care for the 44's and like the origianl Flow Masters as that is what i'm putting on the Sport but want the wagon a little more quiet as it will be driven alot long distance as it will be the tow vehicle for my Sport,I want to hear the V* sound when I stomp on it but not be excessive when cruisin the highway

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks,I have a Sport fastback which I got years before the wagon but wanted a wagon to turn into a 2 door Sport Delivery.This winter i will be removing the rear side windows and filling it smooth with sheet metal and patching the lower quarters as there are holes around the windows on both sides that let water in to rot the bottom of the back quarters so after the car is parked inside for the winter is when I will start those repairs and modification but the 2 door conversion will wait till after my Sport is finished as that is my show car and the wagon can be taken the way it is now

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well the wagon has been down for a while as the accelerator pump on the carb was leaking and then I tried a used one from another carb and it was better but leaked too.I need to order a intake gasket so I can switch to my performer 4 barrel and can't remember if I used a valley pan gasket with the aftermarket intake or not.I know the factory 2V intake had valley pan gasket, i'm wondering if that will work on the Performer intake??

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
can't remember if I used a valley pan gasket with the aftermarket intake or not.I know the factory 2V intake had valley pan gasket, i'm wondering if that will work on the Performer intake??
If you did and can get the old intake off without damaging it, yes it will work on the Eddy intake...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i bought the valley pan gasket and when I pulled the intake that is what I used the last time as the original 2V uses that also

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
here is the concept of what my wagon will lool like when it's done.
Something Ford never built but would have been kool

It's what I call a 2 door Sport Delivery made from a Gran Torino wagon by adding the longer doors from a 2 door and grafting the quarters & quarter window from a fastback Sport into the side of the wagon body

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
That will be bad to the bone.... Lots of fabrication, but if you arent scared....

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
not really alot of fabrication,just alot of cutting and welding as i have the Sport fastback to cut the quarters from and section it into the side of the wagon.
I'm a kustom guy and build kustom cars and do classic restorations. I work for a collision shop now but when I lived in Florida I had my own shop.This is easy compared to other stuff I have done,cause it's all parts I have. I been doing restorations a kustomizing Hot Rods for 30 years it's just time I finally build my own instead of for customers

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
that will be a sweet ride, when done....:tup::tup:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yes it will and slated to debute at Carlisle Ford Nationals June 7-9.2013
My club Muscle Cars.Motorheads & Mayhem will be there so I gotta come in style and put on a good show

1 - 20 of 55 Posts