Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the wife and kids are gone for the next week for vacation. I couldn't make this one as we are all going later in July.
I have to work during the day but the evenings will be all car stuff. If all goes according to plan I'll have new painted dash and interior panels, a new 3.80 posi unit installed, battery relocation and ram air on the Stang. Now how often do plans go accordingly? I be lucky if I get 1 of these things done, it will be fun trying though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1991 Honda Civic Si- daily driver
2002 Midnight Edition Ford Escape- wife's car

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ga289stocker on 6/25/06 10:42am ]</font>

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
I know exactly what you mean!

I wish you the VERY BEST with your mission!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Sounds pretty optimistic to me! I know last time my wife and kid took off for two weeks, I had twice as much planned, and got half as much done lol! Good luck!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Motorhead on 6/27/06 5:04am ]</font>

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
What are your plans for the ram air setup?

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
If you do one I'll vote for the gears. Interior shouldn't take more than three hours if you've taken it apart before (waiting for paint to dry is just an excuse to work on the battery). Battery to the trunk on my car took about four hours since i had to change a bunch of stuff and spent a long time thinking of what to do (cheap Summit kit).

When friends come over to help I always spend 75% of the time talking and laughing. It's fun but not much gets done. I do better doing the work and then showing them and taking them for a ride. That's just me.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well so far, I have the dash almost prepped, it had some crappy work done it at some point. Half the paint is just flaking off w/ my finger like they just sprayed right over the oringal paint. I have the diff and
relocation kit sitting on the work bench. I have the same AIS airbox as project 11.99 , my buddy that's a painter is going to shout it the color of car, that should look good. I actually got a great deal a cd player and
spent half a day cutting, filing and test fitting it(sorry for any purest's out there!!!!) I've got 3 more days to go, looks like all I'm going to finish is the dash/interior stuff and the cd unit. Oh well, it sure if fun working on stuff......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts