Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be result of using factory drum/drum proportioning valve with a dual disc set up? I have added adjustable prop valve for rear as well. MP Brakes sells a disc/disc prop valve, but I'm curious what it does different.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Drum/Drum setups aren't proportioned they are just straight splitters ( they do have a shuttle valve on dual master setups however) Usually if you add discs to the front of a drum car you just install an adjustable prop valve on the back line to stop the rears locking. HTH Stu

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Hmmm after re reading you're quetion I see what you're getting at. I think your set up will still work as your going to need to adjust the rears to stop locking anyway during the weight shift while braking. Stu

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!

I just can't figure why it takes 2 pumps to build good pedal after I've spent 4 hous bleeding and bleeding and bleeding and ..................

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Disks need more juice than drums. I'm wondering if your master is up to the task. I can't tell you what would be the best master for your setup but others here might have a master app that they've used on a disc/disc setup. Good Luck Stu

1 - 5 of 5 Posts