Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am purchasing a 5.4litre DOCH engine (Lincoln Navigator) to put in my car. This engine is only delivered with automatic. I heard (from reliable sources) the T-45 will fit, but what kind of flywheel will fit?
The 4.6 DOHC flywheel? The 4.6 SOHC?

Doc

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Doc on 2/23/02 6:25am ]</font>

·
Registered
180 Posts
What about one out of an F250 or 350 SuperDuty? They are available with a 5.4 and 5 speed. The engine isn't a DOHC but I'm not sure if that matters.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
The 4.6 DOHC and the 4.6 SOHC share the same flywheel. It is a 164 tooth zero balance. My catalogue is 1998 so it does not include the 5.4, I assume it was not out yet when I bought this catalogue.
You can also call the Ford Motor Sport tech line @ 1-810-468-1356, some one there will know, if that is no help call Denny Aldridge at Aldridge Motor Sport`s in Portland Oregon, 1-503-284-8484 he is one of the local all ford guru`s, he knows his stuff and should be able to help, check price`s before you buy from him, he can be expensive.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx,
this was great info NastyStang. And thanx too you too Racerguy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Doc on 2/20/02 8:47pm ]</font>

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Let us know what you find out, I am curious to see what kind of interchangeability ford enginered into theses motors.

Your welcome, I was happy I knew something

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
hey doc,
interested in supercharging that engine? (i've got a line on a eaton 2000 lightning supercharger and intercooler!)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nastystang:
I called Ford Motor Sport Line and he said that the 4.6 Mustang should fit if it was an 8 bolt. I don't know this yet since the engine still is at the customs warehouse. (Paperwork, paperwork and so on....)

67Stang:
I planned this engine as a daily driver, but if the price is right, why not a supercharged daily driver.

How much are we talking about?

Doc

1 - 7 of 7 Posts