Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Adding after market ac to my 67 with 351w. My question is about the pulleys and belts to opperate everything. Currently I have a single groove v belt going from crank to water pump to alternator. I now have an ac compressor mounted to the head. My question is can I just get a double pulley for the crank and route it straight to the ac comp. or do I need to get a double pulley for the water pump? I may decide to add power steering so thinking of getting a three groove for future projects. What is the best belt path?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Since nobody had a view on this I decided to run with a guess. I bought the crank pulley and planned on running straight from the crank to the AC. One thing I didn't take under consideration is routing of the belt. I will definitely need to get a double water pulley so the belt can run around.

·
Registered
10,493 Posts
Ah, I missed when you originally posted. Yes, it should be a 3-groove, with one crank>alt>WP>crank and two parallel (matched pair and sold that way) from crank>WP>AC>crank. There was a mid-year change IIRC that used a smaller alt sheave (same diameter as your single was) and 2 larger AC sheaves on the crank to spin the AC faster, and it was routed direct, crank>AC>crank. If you still have your single-groove crank pulley, I'd be interested. I may have the later 3-groove AC crank pulley to trade if you still need it.

David

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do still have both pulleys. I wish we would have hooked up before I bought and installed my new ones. those things are pretty pricey. Let me know if you are still interested.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.