Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got my rad out now all pulleys off, putting in eletric fan rear mounted battery. is it worth putting in underdrive pulleys or should i just keep the stock ones on, right now i'm up grading my alt to 100 amps. will new pulleys effect my charging system. what do you guys think i should do, its all apart now so i can just order them now.think march has pulleys that spin a little faster. my car is a 69 mach1 408 windsor.also i see a little oil under my front manifold right on the front of block i used a sealer when i put on the stealth could it be a vaccuum leak there should i take it off and do it again, while i got it apart.looks like a drip going down the front of block right behined the distributor.i know this is a long post,whats better air gap or stealth? street car thanks.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Definately buy the pulleys. I got more horsepower for a pulley swap and electric fan change than I did with an alum. head swap.

I was worried that the smaller crank pully would give me problems with my 100amp 1 wire. I didn't have any problems at all. Actually the alternator I bought said in the instructions that it shouldn't be turned past 6250rpm with a standerd factory pulley set up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts